Friday 17 January 2014

The Complete Set - Murder Mysteries For Kids



I realised today that I never covered the rest of my book covers for the Poppy Fields murder mysteries by Tanya Landman. I have yet to see the last 5 in print, but they're all out there. It was a fun project to work on and I was quite surprised that I was allowed to show an old lady with a bullet in her head and a severed arm! Anyway, this set seemed to set a Universal ball rolling and since then I've been doing the Nick and Tesla books (currently working on book 4) and also the new Hank Zipzer books with Henry Winkler, aka the Fonz! I'm fully in the pre-teen fiction world ! They've all been a lot of fun. I've also done a couple of other covers for the same market, but I can't show those yet. Here are the five new covers and then the others, just to show them all together.

I think this is my favourite













6 comments:

  1. These are so good Scott. Love seeing them. Did you also design the font for the titles or does someone else come up with that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Ron. Jack the designer at Walker dealt with that, i just had to leave that middle area relatively free. I do often handle the title lettering though, but not in this case. Glad you like them. My boys are going to enjoy reading these in a couple of years.

      Delete
  2. loving the work scottie, nice one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are excellent! Darkly funny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jonathan. I wish i had your compositional skills, but i do what i can with mine.

      Delete