Monday 13 August 2012

Glaze And Other Stuff


Thought I'd throw a quick post up about where I am at... all over the place!! ... I really need to get some routine to my life... which is impossible at the moment, during the kid's summer holidays. Anyway, the good news is I've finally got what i needed for my glaze and done all the weighing, mixing and sieving. I then bit the bullet and glazed my first batch of bisqued pots at the weekend... bit stressful! I'm not very good at thinking on my feet when it's all going on. Afterwards, with a clear head, i can always see the better way of doing things!! I think it went ok though. Well, i shall find out when I finally do a glaze firing... hopefully this week. fingers crossed for that.
We also took a short break to the Isle Of Wight... which we may have enjoyed more than the boys!... what's wrong with kids these days???... spoilt, I would suggest. Don't get me started on the modern day curse of doing everything to entertain and treat our kids all the time! What's with that? Some weird modern guilt thing... I'm not a fan (you'll never win. Give them five and they'll want six. take them somewhere and they'll want to know where next as you're on the way home. Buy them a toy and it'll be the wrong one the next day... if they haven't already broken THAT one!) Some dad i am! rant over. I love em, but boy they can be ungrateful.. ha.
I've also been guilty of watching quite a bit of the Olympics, good to see our guys do so good. Always enjoy the boxing and cycling!
anyway, now i need to get back on track... don't I Jack? Ha, will get that all moving again this week. 'Jack' knows what I'm talking about! I'll let you in on it when i can, just some illustrations I've been working on for a while now. I think that's about it though, all swirling around up there. Time to get out of this tail spin!
here are just a few pics from Blackgang Chine, on the Isle of Wight... typical English summer's day! I love these old amusement park figures, a real step back in time. Wish I had a few for our garden... really!








2 comments:

  1. They are great! And what lovely weather too! summer holidays are hard. There seems to be no time for anything, and you're right, little thanks for all the effort! Hope you manage to get some work done soon, before you're driven too mad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those all look very American. ? Can't wait to see your pots all fired up! Glazing is very difficult for most. It's one of those things I dread. You sort of have to have a system and plan ahead. ie big enough buckets to get the pots in, way to pour or dip, place to put the glazed pot etc. I'm a mess after every glaze session. The only thing I hate worse than glazing pots is mixing the glaze. Then I'm an even bigger mess! Loved what I saw of the Olympics.

    ReplyDelete