Tuesday 29 March 2011

Goldfish Bowl?


Traditionalists look away now!... Just found this little doodle in my notebook and thought it was worth taking a step further. I'm definitely going to have a go at this. I managed to clear a working space for myself at the weekend, so now i've no excuses and hope to start making this week... hooray!!... now to decide what gets to get made first??? Think i'll start with a flat sided bottle/flask and a pig idea i've been having which should work nicely with the slip ( I'm getting into the old pottery Sussex Pigs, which you can't find many good examples of online for some reason. More on these fantastic vessels soon). Also i plan to make a few little slab dishes, with a simple slip treatment i hope will work too. I'm excited! I'm still surrounded by quite a bit of household junk though, so i'll be happy when i can relocate that and the room feels a bit more pottery dedicated. It's a start though.
Oh and for anyone not keeping up, Jakki has posted her next instalment of our Property/TV adventure here.
I've also been busy sorting out new work for my agents website, so i'll put a post up when that's all sorted and ready to view.

3 comments:

  1. That's great news that you're sorting out a workspace!! Sounds like you have a plan. I look forward to seeing some pots!
    I love the fish bowl idea! It reminded me of this Minoan Octopus Jar that looks like the octopus is trapped inside.
    http://www.shc.ed.ac.uk/classics/undergraduate/greek/Greek1A1HALinks.htm

    I'm off to read Jakki's blog now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great jar Ron. I'm not sure how keen i'll be to share my early efforts!!... and they won't even get fired, until i sort somewhere. So just be a lot of raw, slipped pots... i guess you'd have a better idea than most how they might finally look. I'll probably just email you some pics, for any tips.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds great. Let me know if I can help in any way.

    ReplyDelete